Recognizing the symptoms of liver disease could save your life. Just like with other diseases, if you recognize any signs of a bad liver in the early phase you can completely treat it.
Your liver will fully recover and start to grow new healthy tissues in order to replace any tissues that have previously been damaged. This can happen only if the disease is discovered in its earlier phase and havent progressed too far.
An organ and a gland
Your liver is the largest organ (and additionally the most important internal gland) that your body possesses. A standard liver in a totally healthy person can weigh somewhere between three to three and a half pounds and it plays an important role in many functions of different body parts.
The functions of the liver
The key functions of the liver are to detoxify your blood and boost the digestive system by producing digestive fluid. This fluid helps in breaking down the fats you consume into little items, thus making it easier for your gut to soak up.
The following is a short outline for all the benefits the liver has, and what it makes to improve your health:
- It cleans your blood out of toxins, filtering out any unwanted and harmful substances like pills and alcohol
- It produces bile to aid digestion
- It stores some of your bodys iron and vitamins
- It stores glucose
- It turns glucose into sugar for the body to use when bodys levels of sugar will become depleted
- It processes insulin, hemoglobin and other hormones
- It converts ammonia into urea; an essential compound for healthy metabolism
- It eliminates old red blood cells, which produce faecal matter usually in brown color. This is why when your stool is discolored (i.e. when it isnt in brown color) it can be an sign that there is something wrong with the liver function.
Without a healthy liver, any holistic health life style can become severely compromised, and counting on the character and severity of the condition in which you dont feel well may prove fatal. That is why its vital to be able to observe and interpret the first symptoms of the disease.
Liver disease is also known as hepatic disease. Once any form of this disease affects up to 3 quarters of your liver tissue, a considerable increase in livers function may be detected.
The causes of liver disease
Liver disease may be caused in a number of different ways.
- Its cells may be inflamed, as with hepatitis
- The passage of bile might become impeded, as in cholestasis
- A build-up of cholesterol might occur
- The flow of blood to the liver may be damaged
- The tissue of the liver might have been attacked and damaged by toxins
The article continues on page 2…
Your liver will fully recover and start to grow new healthy tissues in order to replace any tissues that…